evilwm - we sold our souls to the window manager
evilwm is a minimalist window manager for the X Window System. Some features:
- Simple thin borders, no title bars, no icons.
- Multi-monitor support.
- Configurable keyboard and mouse controls.
- EWMH support.
- Virtual desktops.
- Configuration file read on startup, and reread on SIGHUP.
Source code version 1.4.2, released 2022-11-08: evilwm-1.4.2.tar.gz. Other downloads.
Debian snapshot builds are available in the Apt repository.
Ubuntu snapshot builds are available in this PPA on Launchpad.
git clone https://www.6809.org.uk/git/evilwm.git
NetBSD packages are available in pkgsrc.
The manual is available in these formats: PDF, HTML and plain text. See the installation guide for instructions on building from source and starting evilwm.
Notes for version 1.4
- Send more accurate response to _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS.
- Support arbitrary key binds and semi-arbitrary button binds.
- Reread config and remanage all windows on SIGHUP.
Fixes in version 1.4.1
- Add "raise" function to complement "lower" [Juan Pedro Vallejo]
- Allow '=' in option arguments, needed for -bind [Burkhard Kleemeier]
Fixes in version 1.4.2
- Ignore NumLock correctly when processing events [Kacper Gutowski]
For version change history, see the ChangeLog.
[n] - reported by, [by n] - contributed by, [with n] - developed with.
License: evilwm was originally based on aewm, so it is distributed under the same terms. Check the manual for details. In short: free software, keep some notices intact.