evilwm news archive
- 2006-04-26: Released 0.99.25. Fixed bug with configure requests (rare),
virtual desktop tracked separately for each screen, keyboard grabs reasserted
when X11 keyboard map changes.
- 2006-02-20: Released 0.99.24. Added -nosoliddrag option.
- 2006-02-06: Released 0.99.23. Fixed bug in -v option parsing.
- 2006-01-30: Released 0.99.22. Added minimal EWMH hints so vdesk/sticky
states persist across wm change. Alt+Tab behaviour modified (goes in order of
last selected). Added ability to resize from keyboard
- 2006-01-16: Released 0.99.21. Fix obvious positioning bug in 0.99.20.
- 2006-01-13: Released 0.99.20. Motif/LessTif header dependency removed.
Simpler approach to Alt+Tabbing to shaped windows. Aterm "fast transparency"
- 2005-12-30: Released 0.99.19. Bugs in error handler fixed. Shift while
closing window forces quit. Merged
Larry's shape code.
- 2005-06-02: Released 0.99.18. Fixed an Alt+Tab crash bug and shape
misbehaviour. Added per-application geometry/desktop defaults, configurable
modifiers, handling of reparent-to-root and better window size code. Merged
a lot of Larry Doolittle's
- 2003-10-18: Released 0.99.17. *Really* fixes losing windows on vdesk
switch bug, and also adds snap-to-border support.
- 2003-09-19: "Oops". CVS contains a real fix for below.
- 2003-09-18: Released 0.99.16. Fixes losing windows on vdesk switch bug.
- 2003-08-19: New design! Falling back to the nice and simplistic look
the rest of my pages have. Although I quite liked the techy quality of
the old look, it was a bit cluttered.
- 2003-07-23: Released 0.99.15. Fixes the xpdf startup window size problem. RC2.
- 2003-07-11: A belated note that the issue of LinuxUser & Developer magazine available at last month's Expo at the NEC had evilwm on its cover disk, fairly prominently displayed, too!
- 2003-06-01: Hello, slashdot reading people, I hope you like what you see!
- 2003-03-02: Simon Lyngshede has kindly uploaded an
i386 Slackware package. 2006-02-16: dead link.
- 2003-01-15: Released 0.99.14. Incorporates multihead support.
- 2003-01-07: HNY! Just noticed quit.net has
a review of
evilwm. Many thanks for that - and both the mentioned bugs have been fixed
since the review was written. 2006-02-16: quit.net seems to have quit.
- 2002-11-27: Current CVS has got full multihead support (no more starting
up separate processes). What minimal testing I've been able to do has shown
it to work without crashing, but it would be great to have feedback from
people that actually use multihead in anger. So if you're one of these
people, please give it a try!
- 2002-11-12: Released 0.99.11. This fixes some long-standing bugs well enough that I'm prepared to call this 'RC1'!
- 2002-08-18: Released 0.99.7.
- 2002-05-03: A site called Signal Nine
has got a review of
evilwm on it. Thanks! 2006-02-16: signalnine.com seems to have been killed.
- 2002-03-06: RPMs now available - see below.
- 2001-11-14: Well, hello Linux
Magazine, who have done a feature on evilwm in this month's issue. Always
good to see. 2006-02-16: here's a direct link to the
PDF of the
Updated 5 Jul 2011